Finding the right speakers and presenters for your event can make or break the whole experience for your audience.
As a former professional stage actor I completely understand the importance of assembling the right “cast” for your event. You only have one shot and there are no do-overs in the world of live performance and speaking.
My hope is that this page will make it easy for you to get the information you need to make the best decision possible.
Thank you for considering me. Here are some important items to see if I would be the right person for your event.
What You Can Expect
Here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation with a member of my team prior to your event, so we can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the slides I used in the presentation, along with links to books, articles, and other resources I believe will be helpful.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event with someone on my team, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think we can improve.)
A Little Bit About Me
I am the President of Austin Historical, a historic restoration firm that specializes in the hands-on restoration of historic buildings throughout the state of Florida.
My other business is teaching and empowering the homeowners who can’t afford my restoration services through The Craftsman Blog.
- My blog is one of the top Old House & Historic Preservation blogs in the world with over 2 million page views every year.
- I have over 16,000 subscribers and tens of thousands of social media followers across Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube.
I trained in historic preservation at the Yestermorrow Design/Build School in Waitsfield, Vermont. I am the author of four books and my latest, Living in the Past: An Owner’s Guide to Understanding and Repairing an Old Home is an Amazon #1 Bestseller.
I have been married to my best friend, Delores, since 2009 and we have two little boys and little girl Charley, Jude, and Evelyn.
In my former career I performed around the world as a stage actor in Broadway musicals with companies like Walt Disney Entertainment, Radiocity Entertainment, Boston Ballet and many others.
Having the combination of a performer’s stage presence and comfort with crowds mixed with an intimate knowledge of historic preservation techniques makes me a uniquely qualified speaker.
Get in Touch
Thank you so much for considering me for your event!
To check my availability please feel free to contact Amber Schrimsher at (407) 406-1755 or fill out this form. Amber personally handles my speaking, coaching, and consulting requests.