The Craftsman Community Blog is a place where DIYers, homeowners, trade professionals, and anyone else with something related to old houses, historic restoration, salvage, and DIY can share their ideas and projects.
We’ve endeavored to eliminate the friction of starting and hosting your own website so you can share with friends, family, and the greater community of old house lovers your struggles and successes in restoring an old house.
It’s so simple! You create a login, write a quick bio, and then you can immediately start writing a blog post for publication right here on The Community Blog. Add some high quality photos or insert a link to your YouTube video and you’ve got a great post you can share with the world.
Who is the Community Blog for?
Professionals – If you’re a tradesman or professional restorer it’s a great way to share techniques you have learned with your clients and potential clients and provide links back to your website from a high authority site like TheCraftsmanBlog.com to drive additional traffic to your company’s website. It’s a great way to get exposure to a wider audience and share what you have learned!
Homeowners – If you own an old house and love sharing pics and stories about what makes your house great then the Community Blog is a great way to share those with your friends and family. Share your latest bath remodel, or your new period kitchen cabinets, or maybe tell us about the unique history of your old house. Readers love hearing stories from fellow readers to see what’s possible.
DIYers – Do you love making or restoring things, but need a place to share what you’ve made with the world? As long as it’s related to old houses or historic restoration share your projects or products and tell us how you made it so others can learn. Include a link to your Etsy page or woodworking plans so readers can buy one of your creations. (If you’re interested in having your products added to our store contact us here and tell us about your product). Whatever you are making (as long as it fits with the theme of old houses, salvage, and restoration) we want to see how you did it.
Get Paid to Create
After more than a decade of producing high quality old house content we know talent when we see it. Any post that we feel is top-notch, old house content that is well written with great pics and is getting a lot of views and likes has the chance of being picked up and featured in the main blog feed alongside Scott’s posts.
If that happens we’ll pay you up to $250 for your content!
And if you continue writing amazing content you may have the chance to become a regular paid contributor to The Craftsman Blog in the main feed. We’re looking for the best and if that is you then the Community Blog is the way to show us what you’ve got.
We invite you to submit your videos, photos, articles, and comments in certain areas of our website. It is our hope that you’ll take the opportunity to contribute to the Community Blog and share your original content with our community. In order to keep the Community Blog enjoyable and interesting for all of our users, we ask that you follow the rules outlined below.
By submitting content, you are consenting to these rules:
1. You agree not to submit inappropriate content. Inappropriate content includes any content that:
- infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person
- is libelous or defamatory
- is obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or vulgar
- violates a person’s right to privacy
- violates any local, state, national, or international law
- contains or advocates illegal or violent acts
- degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classification
- is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass, or contains derogatory name-calling
- is a duplicate or repost of something you’ve already posted on the site
- contains advertising
- contains a solicitation of any kind
- misrepresents your identity or affiliation
- impersonates others
- is in poor taste or is otherwise objectionable
2. You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you submit. You will promptly remove any content that you have posted should you discover that it violates these rules or that it is otherwise inappropriate. You will indemnify Austin Enterprises Group, Inc. and its affiliates and their subsidiaries, and its and their directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
3. You understand and agree that we are not responsible for any user submitted content. You further understand that we have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor submissions and we may remove content that we deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user’s privilege to post content on our site. We may reject or remove any comment at any time, with or without notice to you.
4. You certify that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any content to us. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13 years of age, you may submit content only with the permission of, and under the supervision of, a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to these rules for the benefit of an individual between the ages of 13 and 18, please be advised that you are fully responsible for his or her submissions and any legal liability that he or she may incur.
5. You certify that you have the permission of others who have contributed to or are featured in any content that you submit. If there are any individuals under the age of 18 in any photos, video, or other content that you submit, you must obtain the permission of each such individual’s parent or legal guardian prior to submitting the content.
6. You acknowledge and agree any use and/or reliance on any information obtained through the community blog is at your own risk. We are not in any manner endorsing the content of the interactive forums and cannot and will not vouch for its reliability.
7. For any content that you submit, you give us permission to use such content. Except as otherwise provided herein, You hereby grant to Austin Enterprises Group, Inc. a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, exclusive, and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute, perform, display, and otherwise exploit such content, in whole or in part in any form, media or technology now known or later developed. With respect to any photos submitted to Austin Enterprises Group’s rights to such content shall be non-exclusive, instead of exclusive.
8. You acknowledge that content shall be original. Any content published o the community blog shall be your own original work and is not duplicate content published elsewhere on the internet or in any other form. Likewise, once published on the Community Blog content cannot be duplicated elsewhere on the internet.